Scholarships for Indian Students to study in Canada
Studying abroad is a dream for many students. To make that dream a reality, there is often a requirement for financial assistance as the financial requirements are high.
To make that dream a reality a huge number of Canadian universities & colleges offer scholarships to deserving international students to assist them in funding their education. In addition to this, multiple scholarships, grants, and bursaries are also offered by the Canadian government along with public and private establishments.
The primary criterion for most scholarships is a good academic score, however, it also depends on factors such as your chosen destination, subject, and level. In some scholarships, factors like extracurricular activities, and volunteering can also be used to advantage.
Below are mentioned some of the Canadian Scholarships you can apply to:
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
One of the most prestigious scholarships in Canada is the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship amounting to CAD 15000 (INR 8,13,450). In the total period of four years $60,000 will be allotted to students, that is, 15000 dollars every year.
- Candidates who are already registered in a full-time Undergraduate program can apply for the scholarship
- It is mandatory to have a minimum of 3.20 GPA to become eligible for the scholarship
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
The University Graduate Fellowships by the University of Manitoba, offer scholarships in Canada for more than 2 million dollars. Offered by the University of Manitoba, this scheme will offer $18,000 (INR 10,53,651) per year for 12-24 months under UMGF Master’s awards. Scholarship Application Deadline: NA.
- The candidates must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- It is necessary to secure admission to a full-time Masters’ course at the University of Manitoba
Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
Humber College in Canada offers renewable full and partial tuition scholarships to NEW international students beginning classes in September and January of each year. The scholarship amount can be from $1500-$4000 (INR 89,470 – INR 2,38,588) depending on GPA on admission. Scholarship Application Deadline: 30 May/30 Sept 2022
- Non-transferring students who have not attended college or university, or who have not studied in Humber’s EAP program are eligible for Bachelor’s Degree scholarships.
- Humber automatically grants degree scholarships to graduating high school students based on academic accomplishment, with a minimum final entrance average of 75%.
Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders
The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders at the University of Winnipeg worth $5,000 (INR 2,98,235) is given to international students who are enrolling for the first time in any of the university’s divisions. Applicants must have an entrance average of at least 80% or comparable, as well as be active in activities that exhibit leadership. Scholarship Application Deadline: 1 June (Annual).
- Candidates must have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent
- Must have to be an international student
- They have to be entering the first year of any program
- Must have to demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities
- They have to submit a complete admission application by the scholarship deadline date.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To allow international students to pursue excellent academic opportunities in Canada, the Vanier CGS group offers this scholarship. Around 166 scholarships will be allotted under the scheme in which $50,000 per year for consecutive three years will be awarded to the students (which is approximately 37,00,000 INR). Scholarship Application Deadline: September 16, 2022.
- The candidate must be nominated by only one Canadian institution.
- Must be pursuing their first master’s or doctoral degree.
The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
The University of Toronto offers the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships for outstanding international students. The prestigious scholarship awards recipients full coverage on tuition, books, incidental fees, and residence for the duration of their 4-year undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.
- To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto.
University of British Columbia International student scholarship (UG)
International students enrolled in undergraduate programs at UBC can apply for the UBC International Student Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to students who have an outstanding academic background. Every year, around $30 million is spent by UBC to offer scholarships to international students and some of its funds are used for undergraduate degree programs.
- Must be enrolled at UBC for undergraduate studies
- Must have excellence in academic background
- Must demonstrate participation in extracurricular activities.
International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction ( Undergraduate)
The International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction is one of the best scholarships in Toronto open for incoming foreign undergraduate students. This scholarship aims to support students who have an outstanding academic background with leadership skills. This award is renewable, given that the international students maintain excellent academic performance every year. Scholarship Amount: $35,000 yearly.
- The applicant should be nominated by his previous school to be eligible for this scholarship, showing a strong good academic record and abilities.
- Also, the university will require you to submit a letter of recommendation.
President’s Entrance Scholarships – Ryerson University
The President’s Entrance Scholarships are open to both incoming undergraduate local and international students in the university. This scholarship award in Toronto is given to acknowledge students who have academic achievements, leadership, and creative abilities. Yearly, this award is given to 12 students, and it can be renewed (up to three years). Scholarship Amount: $10,000.
You need to submit some documents, such as an essay showing your creativity, two reference letters emphasizing your academic and leadership skills and abilities, and a list of community activities that you’re involved with.
However, despite the elaborate number of scholarships offered by the Canadian Government and Private Universities and Colleges. Managing to bag a scholarship in Canada is still a highly competitive feat, so one must stay updated about the timeline to apply for the same along with the requirements necessary so they do not miss out on any of the opportunities and successfully manage their learning expenses for their Canadian Education.
Fulfil your dreams of studying in Canada and the US with Aplicar!
Aplicar connects students and recruitment partners to the best educational opportunities across Canada. It’s a one-stop solution to ease students’ journey towards studying in Canada.
The Aplicar Advantage
- Save hours of research and apply to the most suitable programs and schools in Canada
- Apply to the school of your dreams in just 5 minutes
- Apply to multiple schools/colleges with a single profile
- Excellent acceptance rate
- Streamline and simplify search, application, admission, study visa, and post landing services through our flexible service model