Studying a Master’s Program in the UK
Students seldom grapple with the decision of studying overseas due to factors such as the cost of education, type of program, time duration, career opportunities, etc that need to be considered before taking the final plunge. Moreover, when there are multiple study destinations across the globe to choose from, getting started might feel a bit overwhelming. However, when it comes to UK, there is no room for second thoughts.
Every year lakhs of international students from 180+ countries come to study in the UK which shares a long history of academic excellence and revolutionary teaching methods. It houses the world’s top universities that offer unparalleled education and push students to achieve their full potential — Oxford University, University of Cambridge and University College London (UCL), to name a few. Also, the degree earned is accepted by universities and employers throughout the world. Another best part about studying in UK is improved English communication skills that can make a world of difference in one’s job prospects. Diversity is at the heart of the country as it is home to people from different religions, ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
Pursuing a Master’s Degree in the UK
There are a number of postgraduate study programs for international students in the UK. The popular ones include Engineering & Technology, Mass Communication, Business Management and Computer Sciences. Unlike other study destinations, majority of them take one year to complete which is why UK is a great choice to fast-track your studies and return to the professional world as soon as possible. Also, the practical experience offered is beyond compare and helps to gain a competitive edge when applying for jobs. The fact that the Master’s Degree is of short duration, students thus have to bear less living expenses and tuition fees.
At the postgraduate level, international students have a choice between:
- Taught Master’s Degree: This provides the opportunity to build on knowledge gained during undergraduate through lectures, seminars, and hands-on experiences.
- Research Master’s Degree: This emphasizes more on independent study and requires less tutoring.
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s Program in the UK
Basic criteria remain the same regardless of the course or institution the student has applied to.
- An undergraduate degree of 3 years in the relevant discipline.
- GRE/GMAT scores may be required by some institutes.
- In order to prove proficiency in English, IELTS test with a score of 6.5 is required
Universities in the UK have three intakes: January, May and September. Major applications are accepted in January and September intake. Students who miss the September intake because of low entrance exam scores or other reasons, they can apply again in the January intake.
Fulfil your dreams of studying in Canada and the US with Aplicar!
Aplicar connects students and recruitment partners to the best educational opportunities across Canada. It’s a one-stop solution to ease students’ journey towards studying in Canada.
The Aplicar Advantage
- Save hours of research and apply to the most suitable programs and schools in Canada
- Apply to the school of your dreams in just 5 minutes
- Apply to multiple schools/colleges with a single profile
- Excellent acceptance rate
- Streamline and simplify search, application, admission, study visa, and post landing services through our flexible service model