Studying Public Health in the United States
Choosing to study in the US could be the first step in the right direction. It is the most revered study abroad destination that has a lot to offer: first-class academics, a thriving job market, student-friendly programs, rich cultural diversity and much more. Every year, millions of international students flock to the US despite the endless options available. The experience gained is invaluable and pursuing a Public Health degree makes it more worthwhile!
What is Public Health?
Public Health is the discipline of health and medicine that aims to enhance the wellbeing of both, big and small communities. It plays a pivotal role in promoting health, preventing disease, and empowering individuals to cope with illness and disability.
Studying Public Health in the US
It is no secret that the academic standards and teaching methods of American education system are unmatched. The courses are specially designed in a way to equip students with the right skills and knowledge needed to excel in their dream careers. Just like in the case of Public Health Program where students develop core competencies to effectively deliver essential public healths functions and above all, form a solid foundation for a rewarding career.
There is a common misconception that to become a public health professional, you must pursue a master’s degree. This isn’t true as pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health (BPH) leads to a similar outcome and paves the way for exciting roles as Child Development Specialist, Community Health Worker, Education Coordinator and Health Educator, to name a few. The course lasts for four years including industrial visits, research projects and internships.
In case of Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH), it is a one or two-year course that entails training in multiple disciplines and gives insight into health problems prevalent in society. After completion, the student can enjoy a successful career as Biostatician, Epidemiologist, Public Health Director, etc.
Best Institutes offering Public Health Courses in the US
The US is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the world. Earning a Public Health Degree here will be a great investment, given the flexible learning environment, cutting-edge facilities, ample networking opportunities and innovative teaching methods — all of which contribute to a bright career in not only the US, but throughout the world. The top 5 universities offering Public Health Courses in the US are Harvard University, The University of Chicago, Columbia University, Yale University and Cornell University.
Eligibility Criteria for studying Public Health in the US
For Bachelors Degree:
- Applicant must possess a High school or Secondary School certificate from an accredited institute in the US or international equivalent.
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT/ACT scores
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 or 3.0 is required
For Masters Degree:
- Holds a 4-year Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 or roughly 83-86% in undergraduate courses
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS 6.5-7.0 or TOEFL 90-100)
- Valid passport and student visa
- LOR (Letter of recommendation) and SOP (Statement of purpose)
Fulfil your dreams of studying in Canada and the US with Aplicar!
Aplicar connects students and recruitment partners to the best educational opportunities across Canada. It’s a one-stop solution to ease students’ journey towards studying in Canada.
The Aplicar Advantage
- Save hours of research and apply to the most suitable programs and schools in Canada
- Apply to the school of your dreams in just 5 minutes
- Apply to multiple schools/colleges with a single profile
- Excellent acceptance rate
- Streamline and simplify search, application, admission, study visa, and post landing services through our flexible service model